Your Budget



Things you need to budget for when opening a Barbershop.

Barbershop on a Budget

When I opened my first barbershop in 1988, I had a budget of £5,000.
£2,000 for the first quarters rent, £500 security deposit, £180 solicitors fees, £80 shop insurance, £30 BT connection £300 shop sign (fascia) £20 stock.
There were probably one or two other items that I have neglected to add, but you get my point.This left just under £1,900 to fit the shop out.

I used the carver from our dinning room as my cutting chair, not hydraulic!
I purchased a bathroom mirror from B&Q for my cutting station and cut down a piece of skirting board to create a shelf beneath it for my tools. I cut the rest of the skirting board into 2ft & 3ft-shelving length’s and used these to display my products around the shop with a few bits I picked up from a car boot sale. 
See full article......